Purpose of the Annual Fund
- To seek out and fund outstanding individuals and organizations which can become models for developing evaluation capacity. New understanding arising from these activities will be shared via the ECD knowledgbase.
- A means by which to develop true partnerships between investors and practitioners with more collegial relationships between ECD stakeholders.
- To provide more discretionary and flexible funding for ECD components of projects and programmes.
- To empower organizations and institutions to take ownership of evaluation.
- To be regionally and locally-initiated rather than donor-mandated initiatives.
- A means by which to encourage the engagement of young people in ECD work, bringing new experiences, perspectives, and practices to shape the field.